Jobs at Reinvent
Join a World-Class Team
Why Work at Reinvent?
When you have success that finances your projects like we do, you can build a variety of businesses, revamp old ones or explore new uncharted online territory, and all under one roof!
If you like new ideas, challenges, “re-inventing things”, and working with a small but absurdly talented group of people in a learning-friendly, rapidly evolving environment, we want to hear from you.
Salary, Equity & Time Off
Competitive salaries, meaningful equity, a sweet RRSP matching program and all the usual holidays plus a few you might not expect.
We want you to be healthy! We have legitimately great employer-sponsored medical and dental coverage. Plus the added benefit that our CEO can tell you if it’s a cold or the flu!
Location & Office
A brand new office in a vintage Yaletown building is the place we call home. The work environment is fun, casual, and collaborative with multiple “play” rooms for solo creation too. There is lots of space for your bike, plus Rockband and Foosball. Need we say more?
We have a CEO who is also a medical doctor and big on prevention which means that organic snacks and drinks are a no-brainer in our kitchen. Our coffee drinks and rain-fighting hot chocolate are plentiful too.
Please note that all positions require you to be able to speak (and tell jokes in) fluent English and live within commutable distance of our office in Vancouver.
Web DeveloperAre you interested in building products seen by millions of people in a small, agile company? Do you spend your time building the future of applications and websites, wondering how they should work and where they can be better? Then this is the opportunity for you.
This role comes with a competitive salary, benefits, profit sharing, stock options, the development platform of your choice (Mac, Windows, Linux) and the opportunity to be part of something great. The small team size would provide the ideal candidate with an environment to contribute in the technical decisions and directions of the project. If this sounds like your cup of tea, and you would love to work in our brand new Yaletown studio, drop us a line because we'd love to hear from you.
What are the Responsibilities?
- Develop our sites utilizing PHP.
- Build and improve on our web-based administration and customer support interfaces.
- Build feature requests, site maintenance, scalability needs and bug fixes.
- Involvement in refactoring our current system.
- Participate in all parts of our agile development process.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or demonstrated programming skill.
- You have built some impressive, non-trivial web applications by hand.
- You are in the habit of doing test-driven development.
- 2+ years software development experience
- Proficient in PHP or equivalent
- Proficient in PostgreSQL
- Experience with Memcache
- Experience with Amazon Services (S3, EC2, Cloudfront)
- Email delivery experience
- Experience with GIT
- Knowledgeable about browser-specific issues and incompatibilities
- HTML / HTML5, CSS / CSS3 experience
- Mobile development experience
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
Please provide the following when applying:
- At least one website that clearly illustrates your capabilities. You are also welcome to refer us to any work you have on Github
- Your resume.
- A cover letter.